Saturday, February 28, 2015

Week 8: Writing Review Week

What have been your greatest writing successes in the class so far this semester?
My two best stories, I think, are the two stories I have chosen for my portfolio. I have had a little writers block the last couple of week, but I feel like those have been my most creative.

What writing goals do you have for yourself in the second half of the semester?
I hope to keep doing a good job and hope that I start getting back to the creative imaginative stories like I wrote in the beginning of this class.

As you look at your Storytelling posts, what do you think are some good strategies for coming up with good stories?
The strategy I have used so far is to look for key sentences that get me wondering and thinking about a story so much that I can't focus on the rest of the reading.

Have you been able to get some good writing ideas from looking at the writing other students are doing?
Not really. For some reason it doesn't help me.

Is the feedback you are getting from me and from other students helping you to improve your writing?
YES, it has been extremely helpful, especially with my punctuation.

What kind of feedback is most helpful for you in your writing?
All the feedback that I have gotten has been extremely helpful.

Have you learned anything useful about yourself as a writer, about the writing process, about writing techniques, etc. from your work in this class so far?
I have found that I like creative writing more than I thought I would. When I first found out that the main point of this class was going to be writing, I almost dropped it, but I'm really glad I didn't since it has been so much fun!

3 comments:

  1. Like you, I have also struggled with writer’s block. You can definitely tell which stories I had hard time writing when you read them in comparison with some of the other stories. I also think that the feedback helps. When I get really into writing a story, I just write and I sometimes lose track of punctuation. It really helps when people catch my mistakes because even when I read over my stories I still miss a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I have also struggled with writer’s block. You can definitely tell which stories I had hard time writing when you read them in comparison with some of the other stories. I also think that the feedback helps. When I get really into writing a story, I just write and I sometimes lose track of punctuation. It really helps when people catch my mistakes because even when I read over my stories I still miss a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In regards to your comment about creative writing, I have had pretty much the opposite reaction. Rather than liking creative writing more, I've pretty much just confirmed that I don't really enjoy it. I very rarely am successful at creative writing, but I think that I've done surprisingly well so far in this class. That being said, I agree that the feedback I've been getting has been very helpful!

    ReplyDelete